Contact Program Director
Every night approximately 60,000 children in Colombia’s child protection system fall asleep uncertain if they will ever know the security of a loving, permanent family. Sadly, adoption for most of these children will never come true in their birth country. Some people look as these children and only see their age, their history or their medical and emotional needs. Dillon International looks and sees children who deserve a voice, a chance and a family.
Colombia’s Central Adoption Authority, the Institute for Family Welfare (ICBF), granted Dillon International accreditation in May 2012 to find adoptive families for Colombia’s most vulnerable children.
Children Eligible for Adoption by all families:
• Children 9 years and older
• Sibling groups of two children with at least one child 9 years or older
• Sibling groups of 3 or more children of any age
• Children of all ages with medical and/or developmental needs
Children Eligible for Adoption by Colombian Heritage Families:
• Healthy infants, toddlers and young children
For information on Colombia's eligibility requirements for prospective adoptive families, an outline of the adoption process and overview of the fees and expenses, please download our Adoption Guide.