Contact Program Director
Children are placed in the orphanage of Dillon’s sister agency, The Foundation for the Children of Haiti (FCH), located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, through abandonment or relinquishment by birth parents or a relative. Children become available for adoption in Haiti primarily because of the extreme economic disadvantages of their birth families.
Dillon International began placing Haitian children with U.S. families in 1991.
Children Eligible for Adoption from this Program:
- Boys and girls ages 2 years and older
- 30–50 years of age for heterosexual married couples. One parent may be as young as 25 as long as the spouse is between 30 and 50. No more than 15 years between spouses.
- Single heterosexual women 35-50
No arrest histories allowed.
Length of Marriage
- Couples married at least 4.5 years for both first and/or second marriages.
Children in Family Prior to Adoption
- All 50 states
- Psychological evaluation required
- Prefer Christian families
- Families may choose the gender of their child.
- Both parents must travel for first trip, which takes two weeks. One parent may travel for second trip, which is 4-5 days.
- Social worker reports due at 1, 6, 12 and 24 months
- Family reports due at years 3-8
- Application: 2-3 months
- Home study: 2-3 months
- USCIS and dossier: 2-3 months
- Referral: 12-18 months
- Child’s arrival: 14-18 months
- Total timeframe: 32-45 months
Want to see how this compares to other countries’ requirements? Look at our country comparison chart.
Learn even more in the Adoption Guide.