Dillon International was approved to place children from Hong Kong with U.S. families in 2009. Dillon International has been chosen to partner with Mother’s Choice to help find families for children with special needs and older children from Hong Kong. Founded in 1987, Mother’s Choice is a loving organization providing crisis pregnancy counseling, foster care, group home care, and specialized daycare for children. Mother’s Choice has its own adoption team that works closely with its partner adoption agencies in the United States and the Social Welfare Department in Hong Kong.
• Boys and girls from 18 months to 16 years old at time of arrival home
• Children with Down Syndrome
• Children born with some other kind of syndrome, typically complex and requiring lifelong care
• Older school-age children and teens with no identified medical needs
• Sibling groups are sometimes available.
Length of Marriage
Want to see how this compares to other countries’ requirements? Look at our country comparison chart.
Learn even more in the Adoption Guide.